Friday, October 23, 2009

Lonely

This has been a tough week for me and others close to me. A loss in my sister-in-law's family, the anniversary of my own grandfather's death, and now Eric is gone.

Although, I didn't know my sister-in-law's grandfather all too well, I did have the good fortune of getting to be around him on at least a couple occassions. He really brightened Suzanne's life and made Nick and I smile and laugh with his comments and jokes. I am very sad for his family for the loss, but know he is now at peace.

My own grandfather's passing was a year ago tomorrow. It seems like it was just yesterday when I was enjoying my Friday off and got the horrible phone call telling me the news. This was very hard to deal with for me and I don't know if I will ever fully be done mourning. I try to just appreciate that I did get so many wonderful years with him and keep the good memories fresh on my mind.

Lastly, Eric the cat has gone missing. This was a big fear of mine when I knew we were buying a house and he would be able to wander around free, but you never really think it will happen. He seems to have disappeared sometime Monday night and I first noticed him gone Tuesday morning very early. Since he has a collar with tags and is microchipped, I am finding it very unlikely that he is just lost. I think for the first few days I was okay, hoping that was the case and that someone would call in a matter of time, but after this long I am worried that he was killed my maybe another animal. This cat is so special to Nick and I and I will continue to keep looking for him. I put up some flyers today around the neighborhood and will attempt to search the woods behind our house again. If he comes back I could maybe find a little happiness in a very sad week.

No comments:

Post a Comment