Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day Weekend 2013

Good morning! I am currently sipping a cup of coffee with Toodles in my lap at the computer. My intention was to wake up and run this morning, but I was suddenly unenthused when my alarm went off at 6... My weekend consisted of a interesting(I'll explain below) 1/2 day at work on Friday then a department outing to Top Golf in Dallas to celebrate hitting our goal for last month. We had a great time playing golf, giving away prizes then hanging out for happy hour for a few hours. I met Jason and Danielle and Nick at Houlihan's after that for some dinner then we called it a night. The next morning I was up at 6 ready to head to LaGrange with Chas to celebrate Weston's 32nd birthday and Father's day. I had a great weekend seeing family that live down there and playing with my nephew T. I had a nice relaxing run Sunday morning with Baby and Domino (brother's dogs) then rode the four wheeler for a bit. I love being down in the country every now and then to just enjoy being away with nothing to do. It has really come a long way from how I remember HATING to go as a child. Anyway, back to my job. Since my last blog series I switched to a new job from the first one I had after college. It was a tough decision to leave and I still wasn't sure months in that I had made the right decision, but eventually I realized it definitely was for several reasons. We found out on Friday that the client we service was bought by another company and will be dissolving the unit of business that my group is the vendor for. This was completely unexpected and caught so many people off guard. As I listened to my boss tell the group of managers the news my reaction was well, I didn't really have one. I guess most people would be devastated if they thought they may be laid off of a pretty recent, well paying, and relatively easy job, but I really am a person who enjoys change. In the later summer once the weather becomes a constant mesh of sunny and hot day after day, I get excited when a rainy day comes and switches things up. I like the idea of researching new things to do/buy and actually like moving. My job, although I have been there less than a year did settle into a routine (like all things do) of sort of the same thing day after day already with no big chance of variation in the near future. We don't have enough information from our client yet on what our future will be and whether the new company will continue to use as their vendor, but in the past they normally do not. Worst case scenario I will be laid off and best is that another client team within my company will absorb me and some other people in my department and our jobs will resume. Anyway, this leaves a lot of uncertainty for me over the next few months, but to me that is kind of exciting. I may end up finding a new job elsewhere that I enjoy even more, I may end up meeting new people and learning a new role within the same company, or I may be unemployed for a while and come up with something out of left field. I may get some new information today/this week, but I expect to have some changes over the next few months for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment