Sunday, June 23, 2013
Morning
I have really come to love mornings. I have never been against them or "not a morning person", but I really look forward to the quiet, freedom, and excitement for what the day will bring, especially on weekends. I am usually pretty motivated to workout early in the morning too whereas if I wait until later in the day, well my mood often changes. I especially love the mornings in the summer when the sun is already up and shining bright by 6:30-7 like it is now. It also doesn't make it easy to sleep in when you have a cat meowing incessantly at your face each morning at 6 on the dot!
Anyway, recap on my week so far, or weekend. I spent most of this week planning, discussing, getting excited for our Sunday night Ke$ha/Pitbull concert I'm going to with friends Brittany, Danielle and Tiffany...and got a little work done in between. No further news yet regarding my job, but I am pretty sure I'll be able to find another position within the company. My boss is out all next week and I'm off the following week so not sure when there will be any news. It's been tough as a manager having to relay information to my team and still keep them from freaking out as much as possible. Friday I tried out Zumba for the first time with Danielle and Tiffany at LA Fitness. That was interesting and a lot harder than I thought. I'm not one to pick up on moves that quickly and this was more of a watch and follow and jump right in so it was frustrating, but I could see it being really enjoyable once you get it down. Maybe I can buy a video and practice in the privacy of my home before trying that in public again! After Zumba we headed to Gloria's for happy hour then met up with Nick and Jason at OTB for some dinner... we ended up going to the Track and signing some karaoke and then finishing the night at the Rose in Rowlett. It was a late night so I felt less than great the next morning...the cheap f shots didn't help. Saturday morning we headed to Forney to hangout with Nick's niece and nephews and occupy them for a bit while his parents packed up to move. We took them to the movies to see Monsters University 3D. My first 3D movie I have to say, I was impressed. It was a cute little movie and the kids enjoyed it we got to see Jackson do some crazy dancing in the aisle at the end to the credits music. We then went back and swam for a bit before heading back.
I'm now up early looking forward to a pool day and the concert tonight. Going to take Baby and Maverick for another walk through the new phase in our neighborhood to wear them out a little before it starts getting too hot. I'll update with pics of the concert later this week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment