Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Summer is almost over

So the events over the past week:

Wednesday- Nick's belated birthday celebration with my family at Cyclone's in Addison. This is one of our favorite places. Good food and great 'ritas. Nick got a Home Depot gift card to help buy some stuff for our house.
Friday- furniture shopping with my father-in-law. Whew! This was exhausting. He could go on for days. We only went to 3 stores, but this took HOURS. Luckily, he has some great ideas on how to decorate and keep our house from looking like a 19 year olds dorm room. After shopping, Nick and I headed to Rockwall for a friend's wedding reception where we got to socialize with his family and many family friends. Afterward we went out to a new bar on the lake- Flying Saucer. It was a really cool place because it was so huge and has a great patio.


Saturday- Nick and I stopped back by the furniture store so I could show him everything we picked out, then by our house to take some measurements. Right after this we went to Rockwall again to hang out on a friend's boat all day. That was a blast, as usual, but we were pretty beat afterwards and ended up eating pizza then staying the night at Danielle and Jason's.

Sunday- BACK to the furniture store. We actually bought our new couch, chair, ottoman, end tables, and our kitchen table. I am very pleased with what we got, especially for the prices. Hopefully, Eric won't destory everything. But just in case, we got the warranty-ha. The rest of the day was spent taking a long, long nap.

Monday- My grandma's 82nd birthday! My aunt, grandma, and my cousin and her 2 kids came up to Dallas to celebrate and I took off work. We spent the day getting mani/pedis, shopping, then grilling and swimming at Weston's.

No comments:

Post a Comment