Sunday, July 12, 2009

and people are crazy...

My weekend started out Friday with an oil change and then a mani/pedi with my mom in Mesquite. We also went carpet shopping for her, which was just as much fun as you could imagine, then I had a double header in softball again. We won 1, lost 1 and wow it was hot. You really can't imagine how much more work playing catcher is than you think. My thighs are seriously sore today from squatting up and down over and over for 2 hours. But I'm glad I get a little something out of it and it's nice to be out havin' some good clean fun on some nights. Saturday we went to Royse City for a friends pool party. There was a little drama on and off, but nothing major and it was a lot of fun for the most part. It was especially nice to meet a few new people and see a few that we don't see all the time. We actually ended the night with a trip to Denny's and then stayed at the new Holiday Inn in Royse City, which was incredible. Seriously, for such a small, insignificant town that hotel rocked. I would go back there in a heartbeat. It really was just as nice as Palomar, and we even got a nice free breakfast in the morning before the drive back. Today we just visited our house then took a long nap. I think we have everything in order for the week and as bad as Mondays are, I think I am ready for it. Here is a funny quote to kick off the new week...

"Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling?"

No comments:

Post a Comment