Sunday, June 28, 2009

You know I like my chicken fried

So this weekend was pretty typical in the Goellner household. Friday I went to Mesquite to get a pedicure with my mom and her friend. It's nice to get to do that every once in while, but I don't really find it all that relaxing. I HATE it when they file my nails. It makes me cring, I just feel like they are sawing my skin off the tips of my toes. But, I am pretty happy with the color I picked out which is surprising.



I also had a double header in softball Friday night. I've never played worse offensively. Out of about 6 at-bats, I struck out of 5 I think. It was frustrating, but I always feel good after I'm done and get a little bit of a workout considering it's a pretty sedentary sport for the most part.

Saturday I did a little shopping and have been trying to find some cute wedges with no luck. I am really bad at finding shoes I like. During the day our apartments had their annual pool party with a DJ and food, etc. so a few of our friends came out and we got hammered at the pool. We had some good times chicken fighting and Nick, Brittany, and I even went 3 deep on shoulders. It was awesome. We attempted to get ready and go out after being trashed at the pool for 5 hours and made it to Jake's Hamburgers in Addison and listed to a live band for a few hours then came home and crashed.

Today we went to AMC at Firewheel and saw Away We Go. I do have to say I was pretty disappointed in this movie right from the start. It just wasn't as entertaining as I hoped it would be and seemed to drag on without keeping my interest whatsoever. I also had a pretty bad headache the entire time, and I never get headaches. We also went to Manny's Uptown for some mexican food afterwards. I had never been and heard someone saying how good it is. I was also not impressed and will probably not be back, but I'm glad I know. I still have yet to find mexican food as good as my favorite restaurant in Seguin, TX-El Ranchito.


Anywho, I'm excited about the upcoming week. I get to work regular 8-hour days Mon-Thurs and then have Friday off free for the holiday. Then we are off to Arkansas to a friend's lakehouse with almost everyone we know. Updates when I get back!

1 comment:

  1. The El Ranchito is da bomb. I will agree with ya!

    ReplyDelete